Sneak Peek: THE DEEPLY FORMED LIFE by Rich Villodas
Read the first chapter of The Deeply Formed Life.
What are five values every Christian needs in order to find balance, focus, and meaning in today’s relentlessly paced world? The answers may surprise you, says one New York City pastor.
The world is faster and busier than it’s ever been, with more noise and distraction unsettling our already restless souls. We are a people out of rhythm. For Christians who are frustrated with churches that only add to the hustle and bustle, there must be an answer in our interior spiritual life. We long for deeper, more meaningful faith. Author and pastor Rich Villodas’s The Deeply Formed Life offers an expansive, interconnected vision of spiritual formation comprised of five key pathways:
• Contemplative Rhythms Value: slowing down our lives to be with God
• Racial Justice Value: examining a multi-layered approach to pursuing racial justice and reconciliation
• Interior Examination Value: looking beneath the surface of our lives to live free and love well
• Sexual Wholeness Value: exploring how our sexuality connects with our spirituality
• Missional Presence Value: living as the presence of Christ in a broken world
In an increasingly fractured time, where little common ground can be found, these pathways can transform lives from the inside out and empower people to follow Jesus through the divisive, pressing issues of our day.
Congratulations on your book! Looking forward to reading…
Continued blessings always! ✝️☮️