About Still My Forever
“A melodious second-chance romance.”—Publishers Weekly
Four years after leaving town to make a name for himself as a composer, Gilbert Baty has returned temporarily to Falke, Kansas. Now, he’s trying to keep everyone from learning the truth about his disastrous years in New York City. He hopes to start writing music again in Falke, but he can’t help being distracted by Ava Flaming, the brown-eyed baker to whom he was briefly engaged before he ended things—and who still stirs feelings in him he knows he has no right to pursue.
Ava had thought she was past the loss of Gil Baty. But to her dismay, she’s as drawn to him as ever. The situation only gets worse when Gil establishes a youth band in Falke, showing once more what a good man he is.
But when the band has a chance to compete in a statewide competition, Ava faces the prospect of heartbreak again. Could music take Gil away forever this time? Or might God be stirring in Ava’s and Gil’s hearts a new song that will draw them together for good?
“Sawyer has done it again with Still My Forever. From the first page until the last, I devoured this story!”—Kathleen Y’Barbo, Publishers Weekly bestselling author of The Black Midnight and Dog Days of Summer
“Still My Forever is a lyrical, heartfelt story of redemption, restoration, and a God who takes all the scattered motifs and melodies of our lives and turns them into a beautiful symphony. Kim Vogel Sawyer beautifully captures the soul of a musician in Gil, and the utterly charming Ava is his perfect match. Their sweet romance; the close-knit Mennonite community of Falke, Kansas; and a cast of memorable supporting characters combine to make Still My Forever one of this year’s absolute must-reads!”—Amanda Wen, Christy Award–nominated author of Roots of Wood and Stone and The Songs That Could Have Been
“I always love getting my hands on a Kim Vogel Sawyer book, and Still My Forever didn’t disappoint. When composer Gilbert Baty returns to Falke, Kansas, he has to face not only his failure in New York but also the woman he loved and left behind. Ava Flaming is still single, but she refuses to let her feelings for Gil get to her. After Gil becomes the local band director and has an opportunity to finish the song of a lifetime—written for the woman he loves—her heart soon follows God’s call. The details of a love story created through music gives this wonderful Mennonite story a strong sense of faith and romance. I’m still humming.”—Lenora Worth, author of The X-Mas Club
About Kim Vogel SawyerKim Vogel Sawyer is a highly acclaimed, bestselling author with more than 1.5 million books in print in seven languages. Her titles have earned numerous accolades including the ACFW Carol Award, the Inspirational Readers Choice Award, and the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence. Kim and her retired military husband, Don, live in central Kansas, where she continues to write gentle stories of hope. She enjoys spending time with her three daughters and her grandchildren.
336 pages | Published by WaterBrook
On Sale Date: Sep 6, 2022
Trim Size: 5-1/2 x 8-1/4
Carton Quantity: 24
Press ReleaseFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elizabeth Groening, Publicity & Marketing Assistant
STILL MY FOREVER
By Kim Vogel Sawyer
A WaterBrook Trade Paperback | On Sale September 6, 2022
“Sawyer has done it again with Still My Forever. From the first page until the last, I devoured this story!
—Kathleen Y’Barbo, Publishers Weekly bestselling author of The Black Midnight and Dog Days of Summer
Bestselling Author of Freedom’s Song and From This Moment shares a Second Chance Romance set in Early 20th-Century Small Town Kansas
Following the notable women’s fiction novel, Freedom’s Song, award-winning author Kim Vogel Sawyer is back with a new historical fiction romance, Still My Forever (WaterBrook, 9/6/22). Charming and grounded in biblical truth, the hope instilled in Still My Forever is for readers who long for humor, relatability, and encouragement.
Inspired by a Kansas historical figure, the novel follows disillusioned musician, Gilbert Baty, as he strives to get his career and love life back on track. Four years after leaving his hometown to “make it big” on the elite New York City music scene, Gil returns to Falke, Kansas, with his head held low. As he tries to rediscover his creativity, he can’t help being distracted by Ava Flaming, the baker to whom he was briefly engaged before he ended things—and who is finding herself even more drawn to Gil than she used to be.
Tying in the theme of 1 Corinthians 12:7 (“A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other”), Sawyer pens a gentle, warm story about honoring our God-given gifts. Through vivid historical details, Still My Forever is sure to captivate and comfort the hearts of its readers.
For more information, visit www.waterbrookmultnomah.com.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Kim Vogel Sawyer is a highly acclaimed, bestselling author with more than 1.5 million books in print in seven different languages. Her titles have earned numerous accolades including the ACFW Carol Award, the Inspirational Readers' Choice Award, and the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence. Sawyer lives in central Kansas with her retired military husband, Don, where she continues to write gentle stories of hope. She enjoys spending time with her three daughters and grandchildren.
Facebook: Kim Vogel Sawyer
STILL MY FOREVER
By Kim Vogel Sawyer
A WaterBrook Trade Paperback | On Sale September 6, 2022 ISBN: 9780593194362 | e-ISBN: 9780593194379
Suggested Interview Questions
1. Music is a running theme throughout Still My Forever. What kind of music or nature sounds inspired you to write novel? What music did you listen to while writing it?
2. What was the most fun part of creating the town of Falke? How did you come up with the name? What can you tell us about Mr. Paul Crabb, the inspiration for Gil’s character?
3. Which pieces of the novel were built around your Kansas heritage? What do you hope readers learn about Mennonite culture?
4. Through Gil and Ava, readers are privy to the complex emotions that stem from with reconnecting with someone from your past. Why was it important to show their excitement and their pain from seeing each other again?
5. Although Gil is musically talented and Ava has a knack for baking, both characters often run away from their God-given gifts and seek praise/approval from others for validation. What do Gil and Ava learn from honoring their blessings?
6. Gil feels immensely insecure over his lack of success in NYC, while Ava is embarrassed by her singleness. What do you hope readers gain from reading such relatable emotions?
7. Alongside Gil and Ava, we also get access to Joseph’s point of view. Can you explain Joseph’s role in the novel and his ties to the main story? What was the most challenging part of writing from the perspectives of three characters?
8. Still My Forever wrestles with the question of whether someone should give up what they love to be with someone they love. What do you think is the answer?
For an interview or copy request, please contact Elizabeth Groening at email@example.com.