Oct 13, 2020 | 512 Pages
- Barnes & Noble
- Books A Million
May 9, 2005 | 480 Pages
Aug 4, 2009 | 480 Pages
About Redeeming Love
California’s Gold Country, 1850. A time when men sold their souls for a bag of gold and women sold their bodies for a place to sleep. Angel expects nothing from men but betrayal. Sold into prostitution as a child, she survives by keeping her hatred alive. And what she hates most are the men who use her, leaving her empty and dead inside.
Then she meets Michael Hosea, who obeys God’s call to marry Angel and love her unconditionally. Slowly, day by day, he defies Angel’s every bitter expectation until, despite her resistance, her frozen heart begins to thaw.
But with her unexpected softening come overwhelming feelings of unworthiness and fear. And so Angel runs. Back to the darkness, away from her husband’s pursuing love, terrified of the truth she can no longer deny: Her final healing must come from the One who loves her even more than Michael Hosea does . . . the One who will never let her go.
Redeeming Love is a life-changing story of God’s unconditional, redemptive, all-consuming love that has captured the hearts of millions worldwide.
Washington Post bestseller
"The truth that ran through that story [Redeeming Love] absolutely took me to my knees. And I was a changed person when I finished reading that book. "
- Amy Grant, Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter
"A splendid piece of work exploring both physical love and a love of God...There is not one false note in this wonderful novel."
- Library Journal
"Simply put, Redeeming Love is the most powerful work of fiction you will ever read."
- Liz Curtis Higgs, best-selling author of Thorn in My Heart
"The timeless biblical themes...are beautifully portrayed and brought to life through her unforgettable characters."
- Stephen Arterburn, best-selling author of The Everyman Series
"My heart and soul were profoundly shaken as I realized anew the lessons portrayed through the stories of Hosea and Gomer, Michael and Angel. This may be the single most moving book you will read this year - or in your lifetime."
- Angela Hunt, author of Magdalene
“Redeeming Love is an excellent allegory of God’s devotion and power of His persistent love.”—The Daily Sentinel
“A masterful, unique writing achievement.This is a thought-provoking novel that you will not easily forget.”—Romantic Times Bookclub
About Francine RiversNew York Times bestselling author Francine Rivers continues to win both industry acclaim and reader loyalty around the globe. Her numerous bestsellers include Redeeming Love, A Voice in the Wind, and The Masterpiece, and her books have been translated into more than thirty different languages.
Redeeming Love - 20th Anniversary Video
Redeeming Love - 20th Anniversary Video
512 pages | Published by Multnomah
On Sale Date: Oct 13, 2020
Trim Size: 6 x 9
Carton Quantity: 12
Sneak PeekRead the first few chapters of Redeeming Love. PUBLISHERS WEEKLY BESTSELLER • ECPA BESTSELLER • A Story of Love That Won't Let Go—No Matter What! California’s gold country, 1850. A time when men sold their souls for a bag of gold and women sold their bodies for a place to sleep. Angel expects nothing from men but betrayal. Sold into prostitution as a child, she survives by keeping her hatred alive. And what she hates most are the men who use her, leaving her empty and dead inside. Then she meets Michael Hosea, a man who seeks his Father’s heart in everything. Michael obeys God’s call to marry Angel and to love her unconditionally. Slowly, day by day, he defies Angel’s every bitter expectation, until despite her resistance, her frozen heart begins to thaw. But with her unexpected softening comes overwhelming feelings of unworthiness and fear. And so Angel runs. Back to the darkness, away from her husband’s pursuing love, terrified of the truth she no longer can deny: Her final healing must come from the One who loves her even more than Michael does…the One who will never let her go. A powerful retelling of the story of Gomer and Hosea, Redeeming Love is a life-changing story of God’s unconditional, redemptive, all-consuming love. Includes a six-part reading group guide!
Press ReleaseFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Chelsea Woodward, Publicist
By Francine Rivers
On Sale 10/13/20
With Millions of Copies Sold Worldwide, Beloved Novel Redeeming Love Gets New Spin-Off Book Products Ahead of 2021 Film Adaptation
Redeeming Love by New York Times bestselling author Francine Rivers has become a timeless classic with its unforgettable romance and powerful gospel message.
In response to the novel’s ever-growing fanbase after nearly 30 years in print in nearly 30 languages, Multnomah is releasing three new Redeeming Love products Oct. 13, 2020: (1) a Redeeming Love keepsake edition, (2) A Path to Redeeming Love: A Forty-Day Devotional, and (3) Redeeming Love: The Companion Study.
Longtime fans and new readers will get the chance to dive deep into this iconic love story and its biblical roots before it comes to the big screen next year. They will also get an intimate look into Rivers’ faith journey, hard-earned wisdom, and inspiration behind the bestselling novel.
“Hosea’s story in the Bible had a great deal to do with my decision to give my life to Jesus Christ,” writes Rivers. “I’d been writing love stories for almost ten years and realized how much deeper God’s love is for us than what we read in romance novels or see in romantic movies… While studying the book of Hosea, I felt the Lord nudging me to write His love story.”
The keepsake edition is a stunning collectible repackage of the original Redeeming Love novel, which was inspired by the biblical story of Gomer and Hosea. Set against the romantic backdrop of the historic California Gold Rush, this literary masterpiece details a broken woman’s journey through betrayal, hatred, unworthiness, and fear—and poignantly reveals how the determined love of a faithful man leads her to the One who loves her even more…the God whose unconditional love has the power to redeem the darkest of stories, including hers.
A Path to Redeeming Love, written with Karin Stock Buursma, is a one-of-a-kind devotional that invites readers to revisit the story of Angel and Michael and further explore the novel’s key themes: Rejected, Resigned, Rescued, Redeemed, Reconciled, and Restored. Each of these six themes begins with a personal essay from Rivers, reflecting on their significance in her own life as well as those of her characters. The daily devotions draw on excerpts from the novel and from Scripture, and prompt readers to reflect through Bible study, prayer, and journaling. A meaningful devotional with depth and heart, this book is a perfect companion to Redeeming Love for its many fans.
Redeeming Love: The Companion Study, written with New York Times bestselling author Angela Hunt, is a six-week study that offers readers a meaningful way to go deeper into the novel’s biblical ties. It explores Angel and Michael’s story as a metaphor for the love relationship between God and those He yearns to reach. Rivers unpacks this metaphor and the novel’s eternal message through personal reflections, key excerpts detailing Angel’s healing journey, and Bible study lessons that creatively blend story and Scripture. Perfect for both individual reflection and group discussion, this study will draw readers deeper into the life-transforming love celebrated in Redeeming Love.
In an interview, Francine can speak to:
· Her personal testimony, including her family challenges such as near-divorce, and how her own redemption story is similar to Angel’s
· Her experience with writer’s block and how it resulted in the writing of Redeeming Love
· Redeeming Love’s role in raising awareness of sex trafficking and abuse
· Key takeaways from Redeeming Love, including the call to not let the mistakes or hurts in readers’ pasts hold them captive
· Her experience turning the novel into a screenplay for the feature film
For more information, visit www.waterbrookmultnomah.com.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
New York Times bestselling author Francine Rivers continues to win both industry acclaim and reader loyalty around the globe. Her numerous bestsellers include Redeeming Love, A Voice in the Wind, and The Masterpiece, and her books have been translated into more than 30 different languages. She's been featured in Christianity Today, Today's Christian Living, CBN.com, and many other outlets. For more information, visit www.FrancineRivers.com.
www.facebook.com/FrancineRivers (209k followers)
www.facebook.com/redeeminglovebook (250k followers)
# # #
By Francine Rivers
A Multnomah Hardcover | On Sale October 13, 2020
ISBN: 9780593193013 | e-ISBN: 9781601422880
A Path to Redeeming Love: A Forty Day Devotional
By Francine Rivers; As told to Karin Stock Buursma
A Multnomah Hardcover | On Sale October 13, 2020
ISBN: 9780525654346 | e-ISBN: 9780525654353
Redeeming Love: The Companion Study
By Francine Rivers; As told to Angela Hunt
A Multnomah Trade Paperback | On Sale October 13, 2020
ISBN: 9780525654360 | e-ISBN: 9780525654377
SUGGESTED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. Redeeming Love has become a phenomenon over the last 30 years with many calling it a “literary masterpiece.” What inspired you to tell this story? Did you ever imagine it becoming so popular?
2. A Multnomah survey determined that 57% of the surveyed readers have given Redeeming Love as a gift. What do you think it is about this story that so many people want to share?
3. How did you dream up the main characters, Michael and Angel?
4. You write that “we all share the essence” of Angel’s journey. What has that looked like in your own life?
5. What do you mean when you say that Redeeming Love is your statement of faith?
6. You’ve shared that you struggled for quite a while with writer’s block before writing Redeeming Love. What was that time like? How did it lead to Redeeming Love?
7. How have you seen God minister to people through Redeeming Love? What has that looked like specifically for victims of human trafficking and abuse?
8. What was it like writing the devotional with Karin Stock Buursma and the companion study with Angela Hunt?
9. Did you learn anything unexpected while writing the devotional and companion study?
10. What’s the one thing you hope readers take away from these new Redeeming Love products?
11. The film adaptation of Redeeming Love is releasing next year. Can you tell us a bit about that and what it was like writing the screenplay?
12. If you could give one piece of advice to new writers, what would it be and why?
13. What are you currently reading?
14. One more question just for fun—can you tell us about your new puppy, Ranger?