About This Book
Overcoming lust is a process that requires diligent focus and accountability from others, and these in-depth guides help establish both. They’re designed for a variety of settings, from one-on-one accountability partnerships to Sunday school classes. Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) made the statement that lust is a human problem (not just a guy problem) and that Jesus can free anyone from its power. Going further, these gender-specific study guides feature questions and discussion starters that directly address the temptations unique to men and women. These resources are a must-have for anyone challenged to defeat lust and celebrate purity in their lives.
Experience Victory Along the Journey to Holiness
Based on his bestselling message in Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is), Joshua Harris offers a companion study guide specifically designed to address the issues men face. Versatile in nature, this study guide can be used in one-on-one accountability or in a church group setting.
“ Joshua Harris has done it again. Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) contains the undiluted biblical truth on a vital topic, served up with honesty and humility.”
—C. J. Mahaney
Author of The Cross Centered Life
Each of the ten small-group sessions includes:
• Easy Review: A quick chapter summary makes review simple.
• Discussion Questions: Questions that serve as icebreakers, and then lead to deeper discussion and personal application.
• Accountability Follow-Up: Questions to help check each other’s progress in a truthful and caring setting.
• Meditate and Memorize: Key Scriptures that will help men gain victory over lust.
• Custom-Tailored Action Plan: Men will be led in a step-by-step formulation of an Action Plan, uniquely tailored to combat their specific battles.
Story Behind the Book
“I was preparing a message on lust when I realized that the book I wanted to consult hadn’t been written. That book would make it clear that only Jesus Christ can free us from the hopeless treadmill of shame and guilt that so many well-intentioned people end up on. It would instill a love for holiness and a hatred for sin without dragging the reader’s imagination through the gutter. And it would be for both men and women, because I’ve learned that lust isn’t just a guy problem—it’s a human problem.”
Other Books You'll Enjoy
When God Writes Your Love Story (Expanded Edition)
Eric and Leslie Ludy
I Kissed Dating Goodbye
Robin Jones Gunn and Alyssa Joy Bethke
Praying for Your Future Husband
Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer
Boy Meets Girl