WaterBrook & Multnomah, imprints of the Crown Publishing Group are currently seeking a Marketing & Publicity Assistant to join their team in promoting Christian books. This individual will assist in daily operations of the marketing and publicity departments and in assisting the marketing and publicity teams as needed.
Publicity Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists senior publicity staff with campaigns for their titles
- Helps to create publicity materials such as press releases, author bios, fact sheets
- Prepares mailings of publicity/press materials and books to reviewers and other media contacts
- Provides administration support including answering phones, photocopying, filing, coding bills, etc.
- Coordinates with the distribution center for book mailings.
- Receives and answers general inquiries and provides routine information to customers, prospective customers and the media
- Develops, compiles and maintains accurate and current information for media contact database and local and national media lists
- Sends galley and reprint mailings to trade publications and associations.
- Uploads press releases to website
- Inputs data and creates reports from various in-house systems
- Tracks budget expenditures and maintains budget reports. Processes invoices with accounts payable
- Processes mail addressed to authors
- Scans print publications for mention of division’s titles and distributes clippings to respective publicists or editors
- Responsible for compiling several bestseller lists and distributing to division
- Posts title-related information on division’s social media channels
- Contributes to division’s planning meetings and other departmental meetings
- Uploads e-book files to NetGalley & Edelweiss. Approves requests
- Assists with uploading information to Blogging for Books.
- Monitors Publicity WaterBrook email
- Performs other related projects or duties as assigned or required by division
We also invite you to check out some of these helpful resources: